Sunday 25 April 2010

I Walked a Marathon for Cancer Research Shine 2010


Wow, I did it! I walked a marathon in a time of 6 hours 30 minutes. The night was amazing, there were around 7,500 people taking part on the night. It was definitely an experience thats for sure. It was very surreal walking around Manchester at 4 in the morning (it was through the industrial part and there was nonody around for miles). Eventually I did get back to the centre at 4.52am!  

I have to say, despite all my training it was more difficult than I thought it would be. It didn't help that I hurt my leg just before 13 miles. However, I managed to keep going  as I defintely wanted to finish the event. 

I have now raised £584 for Bowel Cancer research (still a few donations to come in) and I would like to thank all of those people who have donated so far. You can donate here: https://www.sponsormetoshine.org/mikdunne

I am thinking what event can i do next, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here, but I am thinking London Marathon in 2011 (now that will require a lot of training). 

Anyway I will post some pictures from the night very soon, so look out for them!

atb

mik

No comments:

Post a Comment